Make virtual reality work for you
Here are a few practical tactics that work for us. We’d like to share with you and hope they help as you are rapidly transforming.
- Use video conferencing to keep connected for both formal meetings and informal working sessions. Face to face collaboration and connection is important.
- Communicate frequently – this is key. One way to stay connected is for employees to send a weekly voice message to their team or company summarizing their activities for the week.
- Use shared documents and workspaces to collaborate on projects and to conceptualize, co-write, and distribute work products. This saves time and avoids the pitfall of version control. It also keeps project teams accountable to one another for deliverables.
- Enable flexible hours. This is a must. With everyone working at home, allow employees to manage their workload around their temporary responsibilities and stay productive.
- Encourage working smarter, not harder: make the best of the working hours you have and, ideally, find a space in your home where you can focus (and walk away from when you are not working).